Betting on baseball is a great way to make MLB games more interesting. How do you select your teams to bet on? Are you one of those coin flippers? Or do you just randomly pick a side? I am going to share with you a couple of baseball betting tips that you should look for when deciding on a team. The best thing about the baseball season is the number of betting opportunities it gives you. Each team plays 162 games per year, which means many betting chances just about every day of the season. 메이저놀이터
Tip One: Pitchers
First of all, don’t ever bet solely on a pitcher. While the game has some dominate pitchers, they rarely pitch the entire game. The average innings per game for a pitcher is usually between 6 and 7. The bullpen of each team comes into play often. How many times have you seen a really good pitcher go out there, pitch well and either get a no decision or lose? It happens quite often.
Think about this. Most pitchers will have 33-35 starts per season. A great pitcher will win 17-20 games per season. That still leaves up to 50% of his starts that he didn’t win. He may have not lost, but he at least got a no decision. You certainly want to take the pitcher into consideration, but in moderation. Imagine he has control for up to 60% of the game. What about the other 40%?
Tip Two: Losing Streaks
No matter how tempting it is, don’t ever bet on a team simply because they are on a losing streak. While all streaks end, some can go on for quite awhile. Many baseball bettors lose money each year because they chase streaks the wrong way. They also compound that error by increasing their bets with each loss.
If you are going to bet on a streak, bet with it. For example, if one team has won 5 games in a row and the other has lost 5 games in a row, take the winning team if you can’t make up your mind using other factors. Do teams win or lose 10 games in a row? You bet. How about 15? Sure do. Don’t try to rationalize a team’s losing streak. If there are other reasons to bet on the losing team that’s fine.
These are two baseball betting tips that should help you enhance your betting. There are countless others, but these two focus on two very common mistakes among baseball bettors. Sports handicapping is a science and to get better, you need to practice and focus on the little specific details of the game.